Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filters, devices used in the prevention of pulmonary embolism, may cause dangerous, life-threatening complications. If you had a temporary or permanent IVC filter implanted and suffered from health problems, you could be entitled to compensation.
Complications associated with IVC filters include:
- "Cardiac tamponade", a life-threatening condition involving bleeding in and around the heart
- Internal bleeding
- Perforation, puncture, and other serious damage to the inferior vena cava wall and/or the heart or lungs
- Hematoma or nerve injury at the puncture site
- Constant, severe pain in the heart, chest, or elsewhere in the body
- Pulmonary embolus (a blockage of an artery in the lungs)
- Respiratory distress
- Other serious injury or death
If you had an IVC filter implanted and developed health problems, or if a loved one died due to complications from this device, you may have a case. Contact our attorneys and let us put you on the right path to getting the compensation you deserve.
Contact Warner Law Offices, PLLC ∙ Free Consultations
Call us at 304-881-0641 (866-617-0522 toll free) or email us for experienced representation.