Andrew is a partner with Warner Law Offices. He grew up in South Charleston, West Virginia. He was educated from kindergarten through high school in Kanawha County's public school system. Following graduation from South Charleston High School, Andrew attended West Virginia University, earning a bachelor's degree in accounting. He went on to attend West Virginia University's College of Law, earning his doctorate of jurisprudence. During law school, he served as Vice President of his class and was the Director of the VITA program, an income tax return assistance program. After graduating law school, Andrew returned to South Charleston to begin practicing law and to start a family-owned business in South Charleston where he works to improve residential development across the Kanawha Valley.
Andrew spent the first six years of his legal career in the defense firms of Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC and Mannion & Gray Co., L.P.A. During his tenure with these firms, Andrew gained significant civil litigation and courtroom experience in consumer law, employment law, governmental liability, personal injury, automobile collisions, workplace injuries, premises liability, medical malpractice, and product liability. Andrew also has considerable experience practicing before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Some of Andrew's representative cases before the West Virginia Supreme Court are Landis v. Hearthmark, 750 S.E.2d 280 (W.Va. 2013) and Ohio Power Company v. Pullman Power, LLC, 741 S.E.2d 830 (W.Va. 2013); and McClure v. City of Hurricane, 711 S.E.2d 552 (W.Va. 2010). He is also admitted to practice in the state of Kentucky.
Andrew was invited as a charter member by Distinguished Justice Advocates, an honor extended to less than half of 1% of practicing attorneys in the United States. He has also been given the West Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star Award for eight consecutive years.
Andrew currently resides in South Charleston, West Virginia with his wife Christina, their son, Connor, and English Bulldog, Gus. Andrew is a former member of the West Virginia House of Delegates where he served six (6) years representing the 35th District. He and Christina are members of First United Methodist Church in South Charleston. They dedicate a majority of their time supporting multiple charities and organizations throughout the Kanawha Valley and West Virginia, including Habitat for Humanity, Ronald McDonald House, Clay Center, West Virginia Child Advocacy Network, YWCA, Heart and Hand, the West Virginia Alzheimer's Association, and Beyond the Backyard, A Bobby Warner Charitable Youth Organization.
Areas of Practice
- Product Liability
- Workplace Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Medical Malpractice
- Consumer Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Governmental Liability
- Personal Injury
- Automobile Collisions
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Doctorate of Jurisprudence - 2008
- Honors: Vice President of his Class
- Honors: Director, VITA Program
- West Virginia University, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Major: Accounting
- South Charleston High School
- Landis v. Hearthmark, 750 S.E.2d 280 (W.Va.), 2013
- Ohio Power Company v. Pullman Power, LLC, 741 S.E.2d 830 (W.Va.), 2013
- McClure v. City of Hurricane, 711 S.E.2d 552 (W.Va.), 2010
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers
- Charter Member, Distinguished Justice Advocates
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Member
Past Employment Positions
- Pullin, Fowler, Flanagan, Brown & Poe, PLLC
- Mannion & Gray Co., L.P.A.
Pro Bono Activities
- South Charleston Chamber of Commerce
- First United Methodist Church, Financial Chair