Jack has significant jury trial experience and has achieved tremendous success for his clients in the courtroom. In truth, many lawyers are afraid of the courtroom, or they just won’t put in the work needed to actually win cases. But Jack came from humble beginnings, helping his grandfather with cattle on the farm and learning the value of hard work. He grew up with his grandparents watching Law & Order, Perry Mason, and Matlock; and he played football for an ultra-competitive team of underdogs who knew how to win. As a lawyer, he truly loves the adrenaline, competition, and excitement of the courtroom.
He has served numerous clients in serious personal injury and wrongful death cases. These have typically been against corporations, employers who have created unsafe work environments, the government, and dangerous and reckless drivers who put us and our families at risk every day.
As a trial attorney at Warner Law Offices, Jack takes tremendous pride in standing up and giving a voice to people and families who need help battling powerful corporations and wealthy insurance companies who refuse to accept responsibility for their actions. He also knows the importance of communicating with his clients. He ensures they are regularly kept up to date on the progress of their case and that their needs are always put first.
Thanks to his accomplishments, Jack has been recognized nationally by such prestigious law organizations as Super Lawyers (“Rising Star” Award); the National Trial Lawyers Association (“Top 100 Trial Lawyers”); American Institute for Trial Lawyers (“10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in West Virginia”); National Association of Personal Injury Attorneys (“Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40”); American Society of Legal Advocates (“Top 40 Under 40”); and has been honored with the highest possible designation by national online legal directory AVVO (“Superb” rating of 10.0/10.0).
Jack graduated from the University of Tennessee; learned to speak fluent Spanish in Buenos Aires, Argentina (where he also played basketball for his university); then came home to earn his Doctor of Jurisprudence degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where he distinguished himself by graduating in the top third of his class and winning CALI awards (highest grade in class) in Appellate Advocacy and the WVU Immigration Law Clinic.
After successfully running his own law practice in Wayne and Huntington, WV, Jack moved west to Colorado and hiked in the Rocky Mountains (his preferred method of social distancing) for a year; traveled to South America to marry his wife in the mountains of Colombia; and then proudly returned home to West Virginia to join a team of some of the best lawyers in the country at Warner Law Offices in Charleston.
In all his endeavors, Jack is blessed beyond measure with the love and support of his wonderful wife, and their two large “chicos” (a German Shepherd and a Golden Retriever). Outside of the office, Jack spends as much time as possible outdoors, with his family, and exploring our beautiful country and world.
Areas of Practice
- Catastrophic personal injury
- Employment law
- Sexual harassment
- Wrongful deaths
- Sexual assault
- Auto accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Dog bite injuries
- Trucking accidents
- Gas explosions
- Civil rights violations
- Cemetery negligence (and grave desecration)
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- Doctor of Jurisprudence
- Honors: CALI Excellence Awards (highest grade) for Appellate Advocacy & the WVU Immigration Law Clinic, Lewis A. Staker Scholarship, Anne McGuire Farrell Memorial Scholarship
- Honors: Provided pro bono legal services to indigent immigrants throughout West Virginia
- University of Tennessee
- Honors: Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity of Knoxville
- Honors: Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity
- Honors: Participant, Golden Gloves Charity Boxing Tournament
- Honors: Volunteer, Tennessee English Language Institute
- Universidad de Belgrano - Intensive Spanish Language Program, Buenos Aires
Honors and Awards
- Top 10 Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 in West Virginia, National Academy Of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Top 40 Lawyers Under 40 in West Virginia, American Society of Legal Advocates, 2016
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Excellence for the Future Award - Appellate Advocacy, CALI, 2012
- Anne McGuire Farrell Memorial Scholarship, The Marshall University Foundation, Inc., 2011
- Excellence for the Future Award - WVU Immigration Law Clinic, CALI, 2011
- Lewis A. Staker Scholarship, Cabell County Bar Association, 2011
- Lewis A. Staker Scholarship, Cabell County Bar Association, 2010
- Anne McGuire Farrell Memorial Scholarship, The Marshall University Foundation, Inc., 2010
- Lewis A. Staker Scholarship, Cabell County Bar Association, 2009
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Magazine
- "Superb” (10.0/10.0) rating (highest possible designation), AVVO national legal directory
- 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction in West Virginia, American Institute of Trial Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Board of Governors
- West Virginia State Bar, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- Cabell County Bar Association
- Huntington Bar Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association
- West Virginia Employment Lawyers Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer Attorney, Rocky Mountain Immigrant Advocacy Network (Denver, CO)
- Co-Founder & Vice President, The Coach Jarrell Memorial Scholarship
- University of Virginia Journal of International Law, "U.S. Asylum Law as a Path to Religious Persecution," 53 Virginia Journal of International Law 467 (2013).