Truman Griffith is a partner with Warner Law Offices and a dedicated advocate for his clients. He has successfully represented more than 1,000 injured men, women and children over the course of his law practice. He chose to practice personal injury law very early in his career because of his strong desire to help the "little guy." Whether these individuals are injured by the actions of corporations that put profits over safety or are simply being offered unfair amounts by the insurance companies responsible for compensating them, Griffith is extremely passionate about standing up for those who are facing down these corporate giants.
Griffith has significant courtroom experience and has negotiated hundreds of settlements for his clients across the state of West Virginia, including:
- obtaining favorable verdicts and settlements in a variety of auto-accident and trucking-accident cases resulting in serious injuries and death;
- successfully settling numerous cases resulting from the Columbia Gas pipeline explosion in Sissonville, West Virginia;
- obtaining favorable settlements is cases involving injuries resulting from slip, trip and fall accidents, property damage due to negligent construction, "deliberant intent" workplace injuries, skiing accidents, golf cart rollover, dog bites, property damage due to landslides, motorcycle accidents, injuries resulting from forklift operation, and a variety of other complex personal injury cases.
Griffith is also active in the trial lawyer community, both locally and on the national level. In West Virginia, he is a board member of the West Virginia Association for Justice (WVAJ). Nationally, he is a member of the American Association for Justice (AAJ), where he is a Leader's Forum Patron. He has had the great honor of being a guest speaker at two recent WVAJ conferences where he discussed various personal injury trial tactics and tips for successful negotiations of personal injury cases. He has also been recognized as a Super Lawyer "Rising Star" in the Super Lawyers publication.
He is enthusiastically involved in the local community. In recent years, he has volunteered his time to help coach a local high school boy's basketball team during their off-season. He has also spent time lecturing local high school freshman on the importance of education, finishing high school, making smart decisions and the dangers associated with drinking and driving and driving while under the influence of drugs. Griffith also volunteers his time to Beyond the Backyard, a Bobby Warner Charitable Youth Foundation that focuses on getting kids outdoors.
Griffith grew up in Charleston and graduated from George Washington High School in 1996. He then went on to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree in History from Hampden-Sydney College in 2000. In 2004, he earned his law degree from the West Virginia University College of Law, where he served on the WVU College of Law Moot Court Board. He is admitted to practice before the West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals and the United States District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia.
When not practicing law, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Lindsay Jackfert Griffith, his two daughters, Madison and Caroline, and his two sons, Alex and Jack. He also enjoys travelling, running, golfing, coaching his son’s baseball and soccer teams and cheering on the West Virginia Mountaineers.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Auto Accidents
- Insurance Litigation
- Workplace Accidents
- Deliberate Intent Matters
- Slip and Fall
- Premises Liability
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court Southern District of West Virginia
- Supreme Court of Appeals of West Virginia
- West Virginia University College of Law, Morgantown, West Virginia
- J.D. - 2004
- Honors: Moot Court Board
- Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia
- B.A. - 2000
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Phi Alpha Theta National History Honor Society
- Major: History
- George Washington High School
Honors and Awards
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers Publication
Professional Associations and Memberships
- West Virginia Association for Justice, Member
- West Virginia State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Kanawha County Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- WVAJ, Board Member
Pro Bono Activities
- Beyond the Backyard, Bobby Warner Charitable Youth Foundation, Volunteer