COVID-19 NOTIFICATION: To protect your safety in response to the threat of COVID-19, our staff is still available to serve you during our normal office hours. We are offering our clients and potential clients the option to connect with us via telephone, email and video-conferencing. Please call or email us to discuss your options.

Catholic diocese to reveal list of clergy accused of abuse

| Oct 26, 2018 | Uncategorized

Sexual abuse is one of the most traumatic experiences a person can go through. The truth is, the pain and shame that result from abuse do not simply go away once the abuse stops; they last a lifetime. The people who perpetrate these crimes need to be brought to justice and victims deserve some closure and compensation.

If you have been abused by a priest or deacon in the Catholic Church, you could be entitled to compensation for the pain and suffering you have undergone. At Warner Law, we can help.

Wheeling-Charleston Diocese Releases Names of Accused Clergy

The Catholic diocese of Wheeling-Charleston, West Virginia, recently reported that it will release the names of priests and deacons who have been credibly accused of child sexual assault since 1950.

This is an important step in helping victims obtain closure and compensation. Many victims of child sexual abuse feel afraid and uncapable of fighting back, especially if the abuse came from those in authority within the church. But with the many recent reports of church scandals and the release of these names from our local diocese, times are changing. Abuse victims can bring legal claims and fight for their rights.

Do Not Be Afraid

If you have suffered sexual abuse from Catholic clergy, you are not alone. Not only are other victims stepping forward, but our attorneys have experience representing abuse victims, and we can help you.

The list of names coming out from the diocese is bringing public attention to this important issue. But if you have a credible claim of abuse, it doesn’t matter whether or not the perpetrator’s name is on the list. Contact a lawyer right away and get the help you need.