Neck & Back Injury Attorney
in Charleston, WV
Neck and back injuries are common after a slip and fall, car crash, or other types of accidents. Injuries involving the neck and back are particularly dangerous because they can damage the delicate nerves in the spine, affecting your mobility. The high pain level and long recovery period may also prevent you from returning to work or performing the activities you enjoyed before the accident.
If you or a loved one suffered a back or neck injury in an accident caused by another person’s negligence, you can take legal action to claim compensation for your losses. An experienced neck & back injury lawyer with Warner Law Offices, PLLC, can help you seek justice. Contact us now for a free and confidential case evaluation.
- Delayed Symptoms of Neck and Back Injuries
- How Much Can You Get From a Neck or Back Injury?
- Causes of Neck & Back Injuries
- Common Types of Neck Injuries
- Common Types of Back Injuries
- How To Determine Liability for Neck and Back Injuries in West Virginia
- Schedule a Free Consultation With a Neck & Back Injury Lawyer
Delayed Symptoms of Neck and Back Injuries
People involved in an accident often seem fine immediately following the incident. However, this can be deceiving. Some injuries may take days or weeks to show. Many accident victims also experience delayed discomfort because the shock sends adrenaline through their bodies, distracting them from the pain.
Some delayed symptoms of neck and back injuries include:
- Stiffness and pain in the neck, shoulders, or back
- Severe headaches
- Jaw pain
- Blurred vision
- Memory issues
- Difficulty concentrating
- Ringing in the ears
- Issues with sleeping
Even if you don’t believe you are injured after an accident, get medical attention immediately. A health care professional may notice injury signs easily missed by an untrained eye. Also, catching neck and back injuries early can help your doctors mitigate the damage with early treatment.
Working with an experienced neck & back injury lawyer can also put you in the best position to recover compensation for delayed symptoms. The personal injury lawyers at Warner Law Offices have the skills and resources to prove your claim when insurance companies try to deny it.
How Much Can You Get From a Neck or Back Injury?
The amount awarded for a neck or back injury claim depends on the severity of your injury, what
damages you sustained, and how it will impact your life. Factors that affect your compensation amount include:
- The cost of current medical care and treatments
- Future medical needs, including rehabilitation and occupational therapy
- Lost wages and reduced future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
- Emotional distress
- Mental anguish
Neck or back injuries resulting in soft tissue damage and a full recovery will generally lead to
smaller settlements than a catastrophic spinal cord injury that leaves someone paralyzed for life. Work with our attorneys in Charleston, WV, to understand the proper value of your claim and what you can expect for your damages.
Causes of Neck & Back Injuries
Many types of accidents can cause painful back and neck injuries. Common causes of neck and back injuries include the following:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Workplace accidents
If another person’s negligence or reckless actions caused your injuries, Warner Law Offices can help you take legal action. You deserve compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other damages, putting financial and emotional stress on you and your family. Contact us to schedule a free case evaluation to see if you qualify to bring a personal injury lawsuit.
Common Types of Neck Injuries
At Warner Law Offices, we handle cases involving common types of neck injuries, including:
- Nerve damage
- Ruptured ligaments
- Spinal cord injuries
- Disk damage
- Fractures of the vertebrae
Some neck injuries result in temporary symptoms. More severe neck injuries can lead to partial or total paralysis. Depending on the severity of your neck injury, you may need neck immobilization and other rehabilitative efforts for months or even years following the original injury.
Common Types of Back Injuries
The back contains a complex system of interacting parts controlling your entire body. These systems can receive injuries from repetitive stress at work or a sudden jolt from a car accident.
The majority of people suffering from back injuries heal quickly. However, some stay impaired for months, years, or permanently. There are several common causes of back injuries:
- Twisting or pulling the torso suddenly
- Sports injuries
- Acts of violence
- Improper lifting
- Repetitive stress
The most frequent back injuries are strains, sprains, herniated disks, and fractures. Severe back injuries may require surgery. Some common symptoms of back injuries include:
- Pain that gets worse with movement
- Uncontrollable cramping or spasm of the muscles
- Reduced range of motion or decreased function, such as trouble bending, standing straight, or walking
How To Determine Liability for Neck and Back Injuries in West Virginia
Determining fault for any accident in West Virginia can be complex, requiring a skilled legal professional to build a strong case.
For example, an attorney will establish liability for a car accident by proving all the elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: First, you must show that the defendant has a legal obligation to the accident victim; i.e., drivers must operate their vehicles safely and follow all traffic laws.
- Breach of the duty of care: Next, your attorney will show how the other driver breached their duty by making careless or reckless decisions on the road.
- Causation: You must clearly show the breach of duty caused the accident. For example, a driver ran a red light while texting and caused a collision in an intersection.
- Damages: Lastly, your attorney must establish that you suffered injuries and other losses due to the accident.
If you can prove the elements of negligence in your case, you can receive a favorable settlement offer.
Schedule a Free Consultation With a Neck & Back Injury Lawyer
Serious neck and back injuries can devastate victims and their families, but you don’t have to go through this alone. Our team of injury attorneys in Charleston and the surrounding West Virginia area can help you pursue the maximum amount for your damages. Our compassionate lawyers offer the support and legal advocacy you need during this challenging time.
Don’t wait to take legal action. With a limited timeframe to bring a personal injury claim in West Virginia, it’s never too early to consult with a skilled attorney at Warner Law Offices, PLLC. Call 304-345-6789 today.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.