Fatal Mining Injury Lawyer in Charleston, WV
Assistance with Wrongful Death Claims in West Virginia
The Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) reports that in the first half of 2013 alone, 18 miners died in work-related accidents across the U.S. Four of them were coal miners in West Virginia.
The accidents involved:
- Seven miners killed in powered haulage accidents
- One miner killed by an exploding vessel under pressure
- Two miners killed in roof-fall accidents
- Two miners killed in falling material accidents
- One miner killed in a hoisting accident
- One miner killed in a highwall fall
- Three miners killed in machinery accidents
- One miner killed in an explosive/breaking agent accident
If someone in your family was killed in a West Virginia mining accident, turn to the attorneys at Warner Law Offices, PLLC for compassionate counsel coupled with determined, results-driven representation. Our experience with the investigation and proof of claims in negligence-related accidents of all kinds can provide a clear benefit to you. We know exactly what it takes to establish the defendant’s liability and demonstrate the full extent of your damages.
Preventing Fatal Accidents
“The one recurring element in the fatalities we’ve seen [in 2013] is that they were preventable.” — Joseph A. Main, Assistant Secretary of Labor for Mine Safety and Health Administration
MSHA strongly urges mining companies to implement effective safety and health management programs in order to prevent needless deaths. It recommends:
- Conducting daily workplace examinations, both pre-shift and on-shift, in order to identify and eliminate hazards
- Effectively and appropriately training miners to understand hazards and control them
- Ensuring that miners are free to exercise their rights under the Federal Mine Safety and Health Act of 1977
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Lawyers
If a coal mining or metal mining company failed to take appropriate action to correct an obvious hazard, you may be eligible to pursue a lawsuit. Learn more about your rights by calling Warner Law Offices, PLLC for a free initial consultation. If we accept your case, you can rest assured that we will not stop until we obtain justice and compensation for you.