West Virginia Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents in West Virginia are largely avoidable, but they do happen when truck drivers are careless. You deserve compensation for your costs and trauma after a collision with a big rig. Our West Virginia truck accident lawyers have decades of experience and a proven ability to win top results from insurers and trucking companies.
- How Warner Law Offices can help you after a truck accident in West Virginia
- Why do I need a lawyer after a truck accident?
- What compensation can I recover after a truck accident?
- How much is my West Virginia truck accident case worth?
- Who’s liable for my truck accident?
- How long do I have to file a West Virginia truck accident claim?
- We handle all types of truck accident cases in West Virginia
- Common truck accident injuries
- Call our respected West Virginia truck accident lawyers today
Were you recently injured in an accident involving a tractor-trailer, big rig, or another large commercial truck in West Virginia? You deserve compensation for your medical bills, loss of income, and suffering. The experienced West Virginia truck accident lawyers at Warner Law Offices, PLLC can help you stand up to the trucking company and fight to get every cent you deserve.
Since 2000, our law firm has been a powerful advocate for truck accident victims and their families statewide. Our West Virginia trial attorneys have gained national recognition and awards in the legal industry for their ability to achieve top results. We’ve won tens of millions on behalf of our deserving clients. We’re ready to help you maximize your recovery, too.
Contact our law office in Charleston, serving all of West Virginia and surrounding areas, to schedule a free, no-obligation case evaluation.
How Warner Law Offices can help you after a truck accident in West Virginia
Trucks are about 20- to 30- times heavier than other passenger vehicles. They can do considerable damage in an accident, and the occupants of those smaller cars and SUVs tend to suffer the worst consequences.
If you’ve been in an accident, you need time to recover from your catastrophic truck accident injuries. However, it can be tough to focus on your recovery when navigating a legal claim for damages.
Make Warner Law Offices, PLLC your first call, and let our West Virginia personal injury lawyers take the litigation burden off your shoulders.
When you trust us with your truck accident case, we’ll go above and beyond to win and make a genuine difference in your life. We will:
- Analyze the results of state or federal investigations of your truck accident.
- Coordinate a thorough independent investigation into the crash.
- Gather evidence that can help build a strong case, including medical records, vehicle inspection reports, black box data, toxicology reports, driver communication logs, dash cam footage, witness statements, and physical evidence from the scene.
- Enlist the help of experts in the trucking industry, medical professionals, and other specialists throughout the claims process.
- Defend against potential allegations of shared responsibility, which could jeopardize a maximum payout.
- Represent you during negotiations and aggressively work to secure a top-dollar settlement offer on your behalf.
Our law firm is home to some of West Virginia’s most respected and successful trial attorneys. We prepare every case as if it’s going to trial, even though our goal will be to get the best possible settlement. If the trucking company or their insurer refuses to negotiate fairly, our team will be fully prepared to represent you in court.
Call our Charleston, WV, law office to learn more about how our skilled legal team can help you after your truck accident. We’re always here to help—24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Why do I need a lawyer after a truck accident?
You’ll probably deal with a trucking company and an insurer after a West Virginia truck accident. These are powerful, well-funded corporations with considerable resources at their disposal. Teams of savvy adjusters and defense attorneys will represent them.
When you enlist the help of an experienced and respected truck accident attorney you:
- Level the playing field and force the defendants to consider your truck accident claim in good faith.
- Increase the likeliness of winning your case and recovering a higher settlement or jury award.
- Give yourself the time and opportunity to focus on your physical well-being and mental health.
- Protect yourself against unsubstantiated claims of contributory negligence and shared responsibility for your injuries.
- Ensure that the insurance company won’t dictate the terms of your claim and control the valuation process.
The trucking company and its insurer know their chances of denying your claim or getting you to accept a lowball settlement disappear once you hire an attorney. Call Warner Law Offices, PLLC and show the other side that you’re serious about getting the compensation you deserve.
What compensation can I recover after a truck accident?
When you file a truck accident claim in West Virginia, you can generally recover compensatory damages from the at-fault party (or their insurer).
Compensation includes money for your financial losses, also known as economic damages, and the life changes and suffering you experience as a truck accident victim, known as non-economic damages.
Our truck accident law firm will help you seek compensation for your:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Mental anguish
- Reduced quality of life
If there’s evidence that the defendant acted with actual malice or consciously disregarded your safety, a jury might award punitive damages, too. This is most often seen in cases where the truck driver was extremely intoxicated, fell asleep behind the wheel, or engaged in intentional acts of road rage.
How much is my West Virginia truck accident case worth?
No two truck accidents are the same. Every victim will have a unique experience, and that will ultimately dictate what a related truck accident injury claim is worth.
The following factors will be important in calculating how much money you might be able to recover after your West Virginia truck accident:
- The types of injuries you’ve sustained
- Whether you will be diagnosed with a permanent impairment or disability
- The difference between your earning capacity before and after your big rig accident
- Available insurance benefits and policy limits
- Your age at the time of the semi-truck accident
- Whether the truck accident aggravated any pre-existing medical conditions
The more a truck accident changes your life and the more painful and debilitating your injuries, the more you can generally expect to recover in a related claim for damages.
The attorney you hire to represent you can also impact your financial recovery. Choosing the right attorney could be the difference between a nominal payout and a life-changing award. At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, we’ve helped truck accident victims in West Virginia recover millions of dollars to offset their injuries, costs, and suffering. Reach out to our law office to discover how we might be able to help you, too.
Who’s liable for my truck accident?
Under West Virginia law, all contributing parties share liability for a truck accident.
Pending a thorough investigation into your commercial vehicle accident, our team might determine that one or more of the following parties are responsible for your costs and suffering:
- Negligent truck driver
- Trucking company
- Freight broker
- Truck mechanic
- Truck manufacturer
- Freight loader
- Negligent third-party motorist
- Property owner
- Government agency responsible for road design and upkeep
Warner Law Offices, PLLC will aggressively seek compensation from anyone whose actions directly or indirectly contributed to your West Virginia trucking accident.
How long do I have to file a West Virginia truck accident claim?
Whether you’ve suffered a personal injury or the wrongful death of a family member, you’ll have just two years to pursue compensation after a truck accident in West Virginia.
The statute of limitations has very few exceptions. Once the deadline expires, you will lose the ability to assert your rights, bring a legal claim, and recover the life-changing compensation you need and deserve.
We handle all types of truck accident cases in West Virginia
Truck accidents are all different. If you want to win your case—and make the most of your fight for compensation—you’ll want to work with a law firm with experience representing clients in all types of truck accident cases.
At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, we have extensive experience handling:
- Head-on collisions
- Dump-truck accidents
- Jackknife truck accidents
- Lost load truck accidents
- Wide-turn truck accidents
- Underride accidents
- Override accidents
- Tire blowouts
- Speeding truck accidents
- Drunk driving truck accidents
- Distracted driving truck accidents
- Driver fatigue truck accidents
- Brake failure truck accidents
- Logging truck accidents
- Fatal truck accidents
- Truck and car accidents
- Truck and bicycle accidents
- Truck and pedestrian accidents
We understand how each type of wreck differs and know which strategies can help our clients prove negligence to win their cases.
Common truck accident injuries
Every year, hundreds of truck accidents are reported across West Virginia. In 2021, 1,000 truck accidents caused at least 386 injuries and 31 deaths
Many of the injuries from West Virginia truck accidents are painful and can change a victim’s life forever.
Commonly reported injuries include:
- Severe burns
- Crushing injury
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Back injury
- Chest injury
- Internal organ damage
- Traumatic brain injury
- Facial injury
- Eye injury
- Neck injury
- Catastrophic injury
Always seek emergency medical treatment at the closest hospital after a car accident involving a large truck in West Virginia. Prompt medical care can help prevent you from experiencing life-threatening complications and generate an important injury record. Once your condition has stabilized, contact our skilled legal team to discuss your legal options and rights.
Call our respected West Virginia truck accident lawyers today
You’ve been injured because a truck driver was negligent. You should not have to struggle with the consequences of your truck accident injuries on your own. Call Warner Law Offices, PLLC, and let our respected West Virginia truck accident lawyers fight the trucking company on your behalf.
For more than 23 years, our law firm has provided unparalleled legal representation to truck accident victims across West Virginia and the surrounding areas. We’ve led our clients to tens of millions in settlements and jury awards.
We’re here to help you during your time of need. It just takes one call to get started. Contact our Charleston, West Virginia, law office to schedule your free consultation today.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.