West Virginia Speeding Accident Lawyer
Statistics prove speeding increases the chances of getting into a crash. Car accidents at high speeds also tend to be more catastrophic than others. Despite that, drivers in West Virginia still hit the gas and race across the state’s roads and highways. If you’ve been hurt in a speed-related car accident in West Virginia, holding the speeding driver accountable is important. The experienced West Virginia speeding accident lawyers at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, can help you work toward a maximum financial recovery.
- Warner Law Offices, PLLC, Can Help You Maximize Your Speeding Car Accident Settlement
- How Often Does Speeding Cause Car Accidents?
- How Do I Prove the Other Driver Was Speeding?
- What’s the Statute of Limitations For Speed-Related Car Accidents in West Virginia?
- Call Our West Virginia Speeding Accident Lawyers For Help Today
When you choose Warner Law Offices, PLLC, you benefit from a team of award-winning West Virginia car accident attorneys with decades of experience handling tough cases like yours. For over two decades, we’ve helped countless crash victims recover tens of millions in private settlements and jury awards
Don’t settle for less than your speeding accident case is worth. Don’t let the speeding driver or their insurer off the hook for your catastrophic injuries and sky-high costs. Call our law office in Charleston, WV, to set up a free consultation now.
Warner Law Offices, PLLC, Can Help You Maximize Your Speeding Car Accident Settlement
You know or suspect that the other driver was speeding. But how can you prove it? You can be sure they won’t admit it, and their insurance company will work hard to deny your claim or limit your settlement.
Hiring an experienced car accident attorney in West Virginia can give you the tools and resources needed to build a successful claim and, ultimately, help you get the money you need to get back on your feet.
Your choice of attorney matters. It could be the difference between getting a lowball settlement and recovering a life-changing monetary award. That’s why Warner Law Offices, PLLC, should be your first call for help.
We’re a team of highly-acclaimed litigators recognized as Best Attorneys of America by Rue Ratings and Best Attorney by West Virginia Newspapers. For more than 23 years, we’ve gone toe-to-toe with tough car insurance companies and helped our clients secure meaningful victories.
When you turn to us for help after a speed-related car accident, you can count on us to do the following:
- Explain your legal rights as a crash victim and explain the options available to you at this time
- Answer questions and concerns about your case throughout the claims process
- Carefully investigate the circumstances of your speeding accident
- Gather critical pieces of evidence to prove fault, build a compelling claim, and leverage a top-dollar payout
- Work closely with specialists and experts who can provide valuable insight into the cause of your accident and the impact the crash will have on your life
- Handle the paperwork and filing requirements for your case
- Utilize smart and savvy negotiation strategies to negotiate a maximum settlement
- Discuss the pros and cons of settlements you may receive and help you figure out the best decision
- Reject lowball offers, file a lawsuit, and try your case to get the compensation you deserve, if necessary
You need time to rest and recover after a speeding driver hits you. Let Warner Law Offices, PLLC, help to make this time in your life a little bit easier. We’ll take care of your fight for compensation. You focus on getting better.
We work on contingency, so there’s no cost to hire our West Virginia personal injury lawyers unless we win your speeding accident case. Contact our law office in Charleston to arrange a free case evaluation to get started.
How Often Does Speeding Cause Car Accidents?
Speeding is a leading contributor to auto accidents in West Virginia and nationwide. It’s easy to understand why. Consider the following factors:
- Speeding reduces reaction time.
- Drivers who speed can suffer from tunnel vision and experience reduced depth perception.
- Speeding increases the risk of vehicle rollovers, especially for SUVs and other large vehicles.
- It takes longer for a speeding driver to come to a complete stop.
- Speeding increases the likelihood that a driver will lose control of their vehicle, particularly in poor weather conditions.
Speeding doesn’t just increase the overall rate of motor vehicle accidents. Speeding also contributes to fatal crashes. In fact, speed is a causal factor in about 29 percent of all fatal car accidents annually. Speed-related accidents can be particularly catastrophic when it is a truck accident or a motorcycle accident.
Speeding has become more problematic in recent years. Between 2019 and 2021, there was a staggering 28.54 percent increase in speed-related fatalities across the United States.
If you were recently involved in a car accident where speed was a factor, reaching out to a trusted car accident lawyer near you in West Virginia is important. You may be entitled to compensation, and an attorney can help you navigate the claims process and secure the monetary award you need and deserve.
How Do I Prove the Other Driver Was Speeding?
Even though West Virginia has speed limits of 75 MPH on rural interstates and 55 MPH on urban highways, many drivers still move way too fast through the state.
But how can you prove that another driver was speeding at the time of your collision? After all, proving they were speeding will be critical to your negligence claim. They owed you a duty of care—to drive safely—and breached it by speeding.
Ultimately, the only way to prove that the other driver was speeding is by thoroughly investigating your crash and gathering compelling evidence.
Our car accident lawyers will assess the crash scene—both in person and through videos and photographs. We will speak with witnesses and gather critical evidence to help prove fault.
Evidence that can help to prove the other driver was speeding can include the following:
- Video footage of the accident from dashcams, red light cameras, and nearby surveillance cameras
- Statements and testimony from witnesses to the crash
- Expert testimony from forensic specialists, accident reconstructionists, physicists, medical professionals, and others who can lend insight into the cause of the crash
- Damage to vehicles and other property
- Medical records
- Skid marks indicating a driver had to slam on the brakes at high speeds
- Police reports and citations for speeding
Warner Law Offices, PLLC, has helped thousands of crash victims build successful injury claims and recover life-changing monetary awards. Experience matters when you’re fighting for your future and financial security. Put ours to work for you.
What’s the Statute of Limitations For Speed-Related Car Accidents in West Virginia?
Like claims over other types of car accidents, you’ll have two years to file suit after a speeding driver strikes you in West Virginia. The state’s two-year statute of limitations generally applies to speeding accident cases resulting in personal injury and wrongful death
Don’t wait too long before contacting a speeding accident attorney near you in West Virginia. You’re not just facing a ticking clock. The sooner you initiate your claim, the better the odds of a meaningful financial recovery. As time goes on, evidence can disappear and degrade. Witness memories will become less reliable. To maximize your fight for compensation, call Warner Law Offices, PLLC, for help right away after a speeding driver hits you in West Virginia.
Call Our West Virginia Speeding Accident Lawyers For Help Today
Speed-related car accidents can cause catastrophic brain injuries, severe fractures, debilitating spinal cord injuries, other catastrophic trauma, and even death. Speeding is a choice, and the driver who struck you or your loved one must be held fully accountable for their reckless decision
Call our West Virginia speeding accident attorneys for help asserting your rights and fighting for the financial award you need and deserve. We can help you pursue damages to cover the costs of your medical bills, property damage, lost wages, and the suffering you’ve endured.
Our law firm advocates for clients in Charleston and throughout the great state of West Virginia. Don’t hesitate to contact our top-rated legal team to enlist our help today. Your first consultation is free.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.