Employment Lawyer in Charleston, WV
If you have a question about a serious threat to your interests in the workplace, contact an experienced attorney at Warner Law Offices, PLLC. Because so much of our personal injury practice involves the representation of workers injured on the job in coal mines, factories, and construction sites, it is natural for us to serve the same clientele when they run into legal problems involving their employment status, whether it involves discrimination, retaliation, harassment, or termination.
Protecting Your Rights as a Worker in West
Our lawyers represent employees with problems at work such as the following:
- Discrimination involving age, race, sex, religion, or other prohibited grounds – In West Virginia, there are discrimination laws that apply to all companies with one or more employees (excluding private clubs).
- Wage and hour claims, unpaid overtime claims, and disputes concerning exempt employee classification – Our attorneys can help you recover wages your employer should have paid you for your regular or overtime working hours. Your WV employer does not have to provide paid or unpaid vacation leave, holiday leave, or sick leave.
- Sexual harassment, whether involving a hostile work environment or the exchange of sexual favors for keeping or advancing in a job – If you have ever felt pressured sexually in the workplace or bothered by inappropriate sexual comments or advances, we can help.
- Whistleblower firings in retaliation for reporting employer misconduct to the government – Trust Warner Law Offices to help you fight for what’s right by taking action against unjust firings.
- Wrongful termination or discharge in retaliation for having filed a workers’ compensation claim, discrimination complaint, or whistleblower claim – There are many circumstances where a termination can be considered wrongful. We can examine the details and tell you whether or not you have a case.
- Problems involving your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including pregnancy or maternity leave issues – In WV, you are entitled to take advantage of some family or medically related policies if you meet the criteria, and there are many ways your employer is prohibited from restricting you.
We Find the Best Solutions for Your Unique Case
At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, we have a solid understanding of the federal and state laws that protect employees’ interests, and we can advise you about the best strategies for protecting your interests in light of your goals and the specific facts of your case. In some cases, it will be advisable to develop and execute a strategy for documenting the abuses or unfair treatment that you are experiencing in a way that will have the maximum favorable impact in court.
Call us at 304-345-6789 or message us for experienced representation. We will advocate for your rights in the workplace, and we will stand with you through every step of your case.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.