Employment Law Attorneys in Charleston
Protecting Your Rights as a Worker in Charleston
If you have a question about a serious threat to your interests in the workplace, contact an experienced attorney at Warner Law Offices, PLLC. Because so much of our personal injury practice involves the representation of workers injured on the job in coal mines, factories, and construction sites, it is natural for us to serve the same clientele when they run into legal problems involving their employment status, whether it involves discrimination, retaliation, harassment, or termination.
Our lawyers represent employees with problems at work such as the following:
- Discrimination involving age, race, sex, religion, or other prohibited grounds
- Wage and hour claims, unpaid overtime claims, and disputes concerning exempt employee classification
- Sexual harassment, whether involving a hostile work environment or the exchange of sexual favors for keeping or advancing in a job
- Whistleblower firings in retaliation for reporting employer misconduct to the government
- Wrongful termination or discharge in retaliation for having filed a workers’ compensation claim, discrimination complaint, or whistleblower claim
- Problems involving your rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including pregnancy or maternity leave issues
We Find the Best Solutions for Your Unique Case
At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, we have a solid understanding of the federal and state laws that protect employees’ interests, and we can advise you about the best strategies for protecting your interests in light of your goals and the specific facts of your case. In some cases, it will be advisable to develop and execute a strategy for documenting the abuses or unfair treatment that you are experiencing in a way that will have the maximum favorable impact in court.