Charleston Truck Accident Lawyer
- Are truck accidents common in West Virginia?
- How Warner Law Offices PLLC Can Help You After a Truck Accident in Charleston, West Virginia
- We Handle All Types of Truck Accidents
- Common Causes of Truck Accidents
- How is liability determined in a Charleston truck accident case?
- What types of damages are available to West Virginia truck accident victims?
- Common Truck Accident Injuries
- What is the time limit to file a truck accident lawsuit in West Virginia?
- Get a Free Case Evaluation With a Charleston, West Virginia, Truck Accident Lawyer
An accident with a large truck or commercial vehicle can have devastating consequences, potentially changing a victim’s life forever. Many times, truck accidents happen when truck drivers or trucking companies are negligent.
If you were the victim of a truck accident in Charleston, West Virginia, you may have the ability to hold the trucker or trucking service accountable for your injuries and suffering. The experienced Charleston, West Virginia, truck accident lawyers at Warner Law Offices PLLC can help maximize your recovery.
Since 2000, our award-winning West Virginia trial attorneys have tirelessly advocated for truck accident victims and devastated families in Charleston. We don’t let negligent truckers and their employers off the hook—we fight for financial justice on behalf of our deserving clients. Our law firm has recovered tens of millions of dollars in damages in the process.
We are ready to help you after you have been injured in a Charleston truck accident. Contact our Charleston, West Virginia, law office to learn more. Your first consultation is free, so call us today.
How Warner Law Offices PLLC Can Help You After a Truck Accident in Charleston, West Virginia
It can be intimidating to file a claim and pursue compensation from a powerful trucking company or insurance carrier. After all, they will be well represented by defense attorneys and benefit from extensive experience dealing with claims like yours. If you want to win your case and achieve a meaningful financial victory, you need to level the playing field.
That is where our Charleston personal injury lawyers can help. By choosing Warner Law Offices PLLC, you put award-winning, nationally acclaimed litigators on your case. We are a small firm that gets big results—including many seven- and eight-figure awards. With us fighting for you, you will demonstrate that you won’t walk away with a penny less than your truck accident case is worth.
- Thoroughly investigate the circumstances of your large truck accident in Charleston
- Analyze evidence obtained throughout the discovery process
- Work closely with truck accident experts and forensic specialists
- Identify why the truck crashed, how it could have been avoided, and who is at fault
- Prepare to counter allegations that you are partly to blame for the truck crash
- Handle settlement negotiations on your behalf
- Offer guidance and legal advice to help you decide if and when to settle your truck accident case
- Passionately and effectively argue your case at trial if you aren’t offered a fair settlement
A lot of our cases come from current and former clients for a reason. We offer the best of both worlds—the warm, personalized service and atmosphere of a small firm and the resources and experience that rival the biggest firms in the nation.
Let our truck accident law firm help you make things right. We offer a free consultation, so call our law office in Charleston, West Virginia, to get started today.
Truck Accident Settlements We’ve Recovered
We’ve won millions for truck accident clients in the past, including the one below:
- $5.5M settlement in a trucking case
You can see more of our other case results here.
From the moment I reached out, it was evident that their dedication to their clients went beyond the usual professional norms. The warmth with which they greeted me and the genuine interest they showed in my case instantly put me at ease. The lawyers at Warner Law Offices are more than just experts in their field; they are easy to talk to, taking the time to listen to my concerns and explain complex legal matters in a clear and concise manner."
We Handle All Types of Truck Accidents
Are truck accidents common in West Virginia?
According to data from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, hundreds of truck accidents are reported across the state of West Virginia every year. In 2021, at least 1,000 large truck accidents occurred in West Virginia. These resulted in no fewer than 386 injuries and 31 deaths.
This reflected a significant rise from the year prior when 880 truck accidents occurred on West Virginia roads. That year, 346 people were injured, and 32 were killed.
Based on 2021 truck accident statistics, an average of 2.7 accidents involving big rigs, tractor trailers, semitrucks, and other large commercial vehicles happen in West Virginia every day.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Trucks are a lot bigger than other vehicles on the road. A fully loaded rig can weigh up to 80,000 pounds and span 70 feet—the length of about five cars. They are notoriously difficult to drive, especially on West Virginia’s winding and mountainous roads.
For that reason, the trucking industry is heavily regulated by West Virginia state law and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. Strict regulations govern how and when trucks can be operated, by whom, and how those vehicles must be maintained.
Unfortunately, even the slightest mistake or deviation from accepted truck regulations can lead to an accident. Some of the most commonly cited causes of truck accidents include:
- Truck driver fatigue
- Overloaded trucks
- Distracted driving
- Drug and alcohol use
- Braking errors
- Wide turns
- Following too closely
- Tire defects
- Failing to observe changes in traffic conditions
- Driver panic
- Negligent hiring
- Negligent vehicle inspection and maintenance
Sometimes factors outside of a driver’s control—like bad weather, limited visibility, road construction, and road defects—can contribute to truck accidents in Charleston.
Our award-winning truck accident lawyers will carefully evaluate the facts and evidence of your case to pinpoint the possible reasons for the wreck. Once causation is clear, we will actively and aggressively pursue compensation from those responsible.
How is liability determined in a truck accident case?
Anyone contributing to a large truck accident in Charleston, West Virginia, can be held accountable for the resulting costs and suffering. Potentially liable parties might include the negligent truck driver, the trucking company, a third-party motorist, the freight broker, the truck manufacturer, a truck mechanic, or a government agency.
How can you prove that someone is liable for your truck accident? Unless you were injured because of a vehicle defect, your case will probably hinge on negligence. Negligence involves a failure to exercise reasonable care, which in turn, causes an injury or death. To establish negligence, you must prove:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care (e.g., to drive safely and obey applicable laws and regulations).
- The defendant breached this duty of care in some way (e.g., speeding, driving in violation of hour of service regulations, failing to train a driver properly).
- The defendant’s actions (or inaction) caused you to suffer an injury (e.g., an accident in which you were injured).
- You suffered damages (e.g., medical bills, lost wages, disability).
Truck accident cases can benefit from evidence, including:
- Truck black box recordings
- Driver communication records
- Video surveillance footage
- Photographs of injuries, property damage, and the scene of the crash
- Witness statements
- Accident reports
- Physical evidence from the scene
- Truck company hiring and training policies
- Clothing worn at the time of the accident
- Medical records
- Testimony provided by experts with knowledge specific to the trucking industry and accidents
At Warner Law Offices PLLC, our best truck accident lawyers will actively work to build a strong, persuasive legal claim on your behalf. We will identify liable parties and put together compelling arguments to ensure you have every opportunity to get the compensation you deserve.
Why do I need a lawyer after a truck accident?
You’ll probably deal with a trucking company and an insurer after a West Virginia truck accident. These are powerful, well-funded corporations with considerable resources at their disposal. Teams of savvy adjusters and defense attorneys will represent them.
When you enlist the help of an experienced and respected truck accident attorney you:
- Level the playing field and force the defendants to consider your truck accident claim in good faith.
- Increase the likeliness of winning your case and recovering a higher settlement or jury award.
- Give yourself the time and opportunity to focus on your physical well-being and mental health.
- Protect yourself against unsubstantiated claims of contributory negligence and shared responsibility for your injuries.
- Ensure that the insurance company won’t dictate the terms of your claim and control the valuation process.
The trucking company and its insurer know their chances of denying your claim or getting you to accept a lowball settlement disappear once you hire an attorney. Call Warner Law Offices, PLLC and show the other side that you’re serious about getting the compensation you deserve.
What types of damages are available to West Virginia truck accident victims?
When you are hurt in a Charleston truck accident, you are typically eligible to receive economic and noneconomic damages for your injuries and suffering.
Economic damages, also known as pecuniary awards, offset the financial losses related to your truck accident, such as:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Nursing assistance
- Property damage
- Funeral expenses
Noneconomic damages, also known as nonpecuniary awards, make up for the trauma, suffering, and life changes that you experience as the victim of a truck accident. These are more subjective and hard to value and can include money for:
- Reduced quality of life
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
Our experienced truck accident attorneys in Charleston will work tirelessly to ensure you receive a settlement or win a jury verdict that accurately represents what your case is worth.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Trucks can do a lot of damage in a wreck, and usually, the occupants of smaller vehicles suffer the worst injuries. Warner Law Offices PLLC represents clients who have suffered:
- Back injury
- Broken bones
- Catastrophic injury
- Chest injury
- Crushing injury
- Lost limbs
- Neck injury
- Nerve damage
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Wrongful death
You have a limited time to act after your truck accident, so promptly reach out to a member of our legal team to discuss your case. We are available to take your call 24 hours, 7 days a week.
What is the time limit to file a truck accident lawsuit in West Virginia?
The statute of limitations is two years. Under West Virginia state law, you have until the second anniversary of your truck accident to file a lawsuit and demand compensation for your resulting trauma.
Don’t miss the right to recover the compensation you deserve. Once the statute of limitations expires, so does your right to take legal action. Get the help of an experienced truck accident lawyer near you by calling Warner Law Offices PLLC today.
Get a Free Case Evaluation With a Charleston, West Virginia, Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck companies are powerful, and the thought of fighting them for compensation after a wreck can be overwhelming. Let our experienced Charleston, West Virginia, truck accident lawyers help you fight to make things right.
We will take on those responsible for your truck accident injuries and work to ensure that you are fully compensated for the trauma and suffering you have endured.
Bobby has received many accolades throughout the years from both his peers in the legal community, as well as the media. The National Trial Lawyers association named Bobby a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and he has been selected as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent. Additionally, he has been named a Best Attorneys of America by Rue Ratings, which also named Warner Law Offices to its Best Law Firms of America.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.