Work Zone Accident Attorneys in Charleston, WV
Work zones create unique hazards for both workers and drivers trying to navigate them. Because of the heavy construction in and around Charleston over the past several years, work zone accidents have become a growing problem.
At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, our attorneys represent the victims of work zone accidents caused by the negligence of others. If you’ve suffered injuries or a family member has died because of a careless driver, we will fight for you to hold them accountable as you go through this difficult time. Contact an experienced personal injury lawyer at Warner Law Offices today to get a free case evaluation.
- How the Charleston Work Zone Accident Lawyers at Warner Law Offices, PLLC Can Help
- Work Zone Accidents: What You Need To Know
- Who Bears Liability for a Charleston Work Zone Accident?
- Compensation After a Charleston Work Zone Accident
- Contact a Charleston, West Virginia Work Zone Accident Attorney at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, Today
How the Charleston Work Zone Accident Lawyers at Warner Law Offices, PLLC Can Help
The award-winning attorneys at Warner Law Offices are recognized as one of the Newsweek Premier Law Firms, the National Trial Lawyers’ Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and America’s Top 100 Attorneys. We strive to do what’s best for our clients in every case, whether that means reaching an out-of-court resolution or taking a claim to trial.
We have decades of experience helping injured parties in West Virginia and surrounding areas pursue justice. We will do the following:
- Identify the type of claim you need to file, whether it’s a workers’ comp claim or a personal injury claim
- Offer more information about your rights, including how much compensation to expect
- Investigate your case and identify who is liable for your injuries or your loved one’s death
- Fight on your behalf
Schedule a free consultation today with the dedicated West Virginia work zone accident attorneys at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, to learn more about your rights and how we can support you.
Work Zone Accidents: What You Need To Know
Work zone accidents include any traffic accident in an area undergoing construction, maintenance, or utility work. Work zones change the flow of traffic, which often means tight lanes or confusing, poorly-marked instructions for drivers. As a result, accidents occur more frequently in work zones.
What Is the Most Common Type of Work Zone Accident?
According to the National Security Council, the majority of people who die in work zones are the drivers of motor vehicles. The causes of these deaths include rear-end crashes and sideswipe crashes.
Pedestrians, including workers, represent around 17 percent of those killed by construction zone accidents, while passengers in motor vehicles represent around 16 percent of deaths.
The West Virginia Division of Highways reported that there 800 crashes in the state’s work zones in 2022. Those accidents killed eight people and injured 276.
While motor vehicle crashes are the most common accidents in work zones like dump truck accidents, road construction also poses other hazards. Other common injuries in work zones, both fatal and non-fatal, include:
- Making contact with, being struck by, or getting caught in dangerous equipment
- Exposure to hazardous contaminants
Who Bears Liability for a Charleston Work Zone Accident?
As the injured party in a Charleston work zone accident, there are different claim types you may be able to file depending on who is liable. Your claim type depends on how your injury occurred and what type of coverage you have.
Like most auto accidents, construction zone accidents often cause severe injuries with long-term consequences. Pursuing justice through a legal claim can help you manage the extensive costs that go along with those injuries.
Personal Injury Claims
You have a legal right to file a personal injury claim if someone else’s negligence caused a work zone accident.
Possible negligent parties in these types of accidents include:
- A driver that caused your accident, including a distracted driver who failed to notice your presence or a drunk driver that could not navigate the work zone safely
- The manufacturer of faulty equipment used in the work zone that caused or contributed to your accident, including a faulty barrier
- Contractors and subcontractors that failed to take adequate security precautions to protect you in a work zone
- Your employer in rare instances when you can establish the employer’s deliberate intent to expose workers to dangerous conditions.
If you have lost a loved one in a work zone accident, you may be able to file a wrongful death claim. In this case, the same parties as above may be liable.
Compensation After a Charleston Work Zone Accident
If you suffered injuries in a West Virginia work zone accident, the compensation you can recover depends on several factors, including:
- The type of claim you have the right to file, including a workers’ comp claim, a personal injury claim, or both
- The injuries you sustained because of the accident
- The insurance coverage carried by the liable party, as some parties may carry insurance companies with higher limits than others
Every claim looks different. A West Virginia highway work zone accident lawyer at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, can review the damages you sustained to provide more insight into your claim.
Personal Injury Claims
When you file a personal injury claim, the work zone accident attorneys at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, will evaluate the losses you sustained. These losses could fall into several categories, including the following:
- Medical costs
- Wage losses
- Pain and suffering
- Property damage
Wrongful Death Claims
In the case that you tragically lose a loved one due to the negligence of a driver in a construction zone, you have the right to recover compensation for financial and non-financial losses, which could include:
- Your loved one’s final medical costs
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The loss of your loved one’s income
- The loss of services your loved one performed for the family, including child care, elder care, and home maintenance
- Emotional and mental suffering
Contact a Charleston, West Virginia Work Zone Accident Attorney at Warner Law Offices Today
Whether you’ve lost a loved one or suffered injuries due to someone else’s negligence in a work zone, Warner Law Offices, PLLC, can help you pursue the compensation you deserve. Our award-winning construction zone accident attorneys understand the losses you have faced, and they will fight to help you get justice for your injuries or the loss of your loved one.
Contact us today to get started with your claim.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.