How Much Will My Child Receive?
Due to compensation amounts relying solely on each case’s details, it is impossible to know how much your case is worth without working with a skilled professional. However, many factors play into the total cost of the settlement that victims can review to understand better. Common factors that contribute to the amount of compensation include:
- Current medical bills
- The severity of the injuries
- Loss of independence of the child
- Expected future medical bills
- Emotional and physical pain & suffering
- The estimated cost of any lifelong care for the disability of the child
- The degree of the defendant’s negligence
- Lost wages of parents if required to stay home from work
What are the Steps for Filing a Birth Injury Claim?
An experienced attorney can better determine the steps required to file a successful lawsuit. Once the claim has been filed, the next steps typically include the following: