Failure to Diagnose Cancer Lawyers
If a doctor failed to diagnose your cancer before it progressed to an advanced stage, you may have legal options. If your doctor was negligent, the attorneys at Warner Law Offices, PLLC will seek compensation to help you meet the financial needs of your family.
We Will Fight to Get You Care & Compensation
Once thought of as a death sentence, many forms of cancer are now treatable if diagnosed at an early stage. Unfortunately, if the cancer is not diagnosed until it reaches an advanced stage, the chances of a successful outcome are much lower.
Some treatable forms of cancer can be discovered through regular medical checkups and screenings. Examples include:
- Breast cancer, which may begin as a lump or mass in the breast and is discoverable through a breast exam or mammogram
- Skin cancer or melanoma, which may begin as a suspicious mole
- Colon or rectal cancer, which may begin as a polyp in the colon, which can be discovered through colonoscopy
If your doctor had an opportunity to diagnose your cancer, but failed to do so, they may be guilty of medical malpractice. Examples of malpractice in the delayed diagnosis of cancer may include:
- Failure to recommend appropriate screening tests appropriate for your age, sex, and medical history
- Failure to order lab tests despite observable symptoms of cancer
- Laboratory errors that result in your cancer not being detected or communicated to the doctor
To have a claim of malpractice, our attorneys would need to show that the end result would have been different if the doctor had not made the error. In a misdiagnosis of cancer case, this would mean that the doctor had an opportunity to diagnose the cancer at a treatable stage.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.