Charleston, WV Bus Accident Lawyer
- How Can an Attorney Help Me After a Bus Accident?
- Why You Can Trust Warner Law Offices with Your Bus Accident Case
- Types of Bus Accidents You Can Sue For
- How Negligence Is Established After a Bus Accident in Charleston, WV
- Who Is Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
- Types of Compensation for Bus Accident Victims
- Get a Free Case Evaluation with a Charleston, WV, Bus Accident Lawyer
Because of their size and weight, buses tend to cause more severe wrecks than smaller vehicles. Whether you’re a driver, a passenger, or a pedestrian, a bus accident can cause serious injuries that leave you grappling with financial hardships, not to mention the mental anguish you and your loved ones will likely suffer.
You may be entitled to compensation if you have sustained injuries or a loved one has died in a bus crash caused by another’s negligence. Warner Law Offices, PLLC, is a leading full-service personal injury law firm with a proven track record of winning exceptional settlement verdicts for the injured and the wronged. Our top-rated Charleston, WV, bus accident lawyers can investigate the crash to determine who’s responsible for your injuries and pursue the compensation you deserve. Schedule a free consultation today for compassionate and trusted legal support.
How Can an Attorney Help Me After a Bus Accident?
Even though West Virginia law provides for how injury victims can seek compensation from the responsible persons, this process is not always straightforward. The party liable for a bus accident is often a large bus company with considerable resources. They will have seasoned attorneys and insurance adjusters working for them to ensure they pay as little as possible. Therefore, having an experienced attorney on your side is crucial for protecting your interests.
When you hire our Charleston, WV, bus accident lawyers, we want you to focus on recovering, so we will take care of every aspect of your claim, including:
- Evaluating your case during a free initial consultation to determine whether you can file a claim
- Answering all your questions and educating you on your rights throughout the case
- Finding a quality doctor who will document your injuries for the claim
- Conducting a comprehensive investigation to gather evidence and prove liability
- Filing the required insurance and court documents on time
- Hiring and consulting expert witnesses, medical professionals, and accident reconstruction specialists to build the strongest case
- Handling communication with the insurance company to prevent them from convincing you to accept a low settlement
- Negotiating a maximum settlement for all of your damages
- Filing a lawsuit and litigating your case in court if the insurance company is unwilling to settle
Why You Can Trust Warner Law Offices with Your Bus Accident Case
With more than 20 years of experience litigating personal injury claims and lawsuits in West Virginia, Warner Law Offices, PLLC, understands how to build solid case strategies to achieve the best possible outcome. Our attorneys don’t just settle—we fight aggressively and advocate for our clients’ rights until we achieve the maximum compensation they need and deserve.
After a bus accident, you might feel overwhelmed and confused in addition to the physical pain from your injuries. Going against large corporations and insurance companies can be intimidating, but you don’t have to do it alone. We are committed to counseling and representing you every step of the way. If you cannot come to us after a crash, we can visit you at home or in the hospital to ensure you get started with your claim as soon as possible.
Types of Bus Accidents You Can Sue For
Some buses are a means of public transit. Some buses transport students to and from school. Groups and institutions charter others to transport passengers and cargo to particular destinations.
Common types of bus accidents you can sue for in West Virginia are:
- School bus accidents
- Public transportation bus accidents
- Shuttle bus accidents
- Freight bus accidents
- Passenger van accidents
- Chartered bus accidents
- Tour bus accidents
Regardless of how the bus accident happened, the attorneys at Warner Law Offices, PLLC, are ready to get to work and pursue your settlement. We are available 24/7 to answer your questions and help you chart the best path forward.
How Negligence Is Established After a Bus Accident in Charleston, WV
West Virginia is an at-fault state, meaning that individuals who act negligently and cause accidents must compensate the victims for any resulting damage. To establish negligence after a bus accident, you must prove the following elements:
- Duty of care: Drivers of motor vehicles are legally obligated to act with reasonable care to prevent causing injuries to other people. Bus drivers must drive safely and avoid accidents while operating companies must hire competent drivers and service their vehicles regularly.
- A breach of duty: The defendant did not act with the required standard of care a reasonable person would have applied under similar circumstances. In bus accident cases, negligence—such as distracted driving, speeding, or disobeying traffic rules— breaches the duty of care.
- Causation: The defendant’s breach of duty directly caused the victim’s injuries. A bus accident attorney can consult medical professionals and other experts to support these claims.
- Proof of damage: Finally, the bus accident must have caused harm and damages. Some examples include bodily injuries, medical bills, damaged property, lost wages, and lost earning capacity.
Who Is Liable for My Injuries in a Bus Accident?
Attorneys often find bus drivers liable in Charleston, WV, for bus crashes, but other parties can also be responsible for your injuries. For instance, if a bus driver hit a pothole and lost control of the vehicle, a government entity might be liable if you can prove they knew about the dangerous roadway condition.
Other parties that might be solely or jointly liable in a bus accident case include:
- Bus operating companies
- Other motorists
- Vehicle manufacturers
- Motorcyclists and cyclists
Establishing liability for a bus accident can get complex, especially when it involves other parties besides the driver. Let Warner Law Offices’ decades of experience work for you to run a thorough investigation and bring the negligent person to justice.
Types of Compensation for Bus Accident Victims
If you’re wondering how much your case is worth, our award-winning bus accident lawyers in Charleston, WV, can evaluate your damages and calculate how much compensation you should receive. Bus accidents often cause catastrophic injuries such as broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, neck and back injuries, and others that require intensive medical treatment.
Bus accident victims can receive two main types of compensation:
- Economic damages: Quantifiable losses incurred from the crash, such as medical bills, lost wages, property damage, caregiver costs, and funeral and burial expenses in case of wrongful death.
- Non-economic damages: Damages arising from the psychological and emotional effects of the injury, such as physical pain and suffering, mental trauma, inability to enjoy life, and loss of social companionship.
Get a Free Case Evaluation with a Charleston, WV, Bus Accident Lawyer
Suffering an injury in a bus accident can be an overwhelming experience. Let our experienced Charleston, West Virginia, bus accident lawyers handle your fight for compensation so you can focus on healing.
At Warner Law Offices, PLLC, our skilled and experienced bus accident lawyers are dedicated to serving our clients with compassion and effective representation. We put our expertise to work for you to get your full compensation.
We will take on those responsible for your bus accident injuries and ensure you get the compensation you deserve for the trauma and suffering you have endured. The consultation is free, and you won’t owe us anything unless and until we recover compensation for you.
Contact Warner Law Offices, PLLC, for a free consultation. Call our Charleston bus accident lawyers at (304) 345-6789 or message us for experienced representation.
Bobby has received many accolades throughout the years from both his peers in the legal community, as well as the media. The National Trial Lawyers association named Bobby a Top 100 Trial Lawyer and he has been selected as a Member of the Nation’s Top One Percent. Additionally, he has been named a Best Attorneys of America by Rue Ratings, which also named Warner Law Offices to its Best Law Firms of America.
We represent clients across West Virginia and surrounding areas, providing compassionate client service and relentless advocacy in and out of the courtroom.